1 (18.25 ounce) package cake mix any flavor
1 (16 ounce) container prepared frosting (anyflavor)
1 block chocolate (24oz) flavored confectioners coating
I use plymouth pantys almond bark from walmart
(milk chocolate & white chocolate)
Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave on the DEFROST selection or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Freeze cake balls for one hour or overnight. Remove from freezer and dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set. Roll in sprinkles, nuts, coconut or whatever you like. You can even dip in chocolate and then drizzle while chocolate over that.
Here are a few variations:
- German chocolate cake with coconut- pecan icing and milk- chocolate coating.
- Spice or carrot cake with cream-cheese frosting and vanilla coating.
- Red Velvet Cake with vanilla frosting and white chocolate coating
- White Cake with vanilla frosting and vanilla chocolate tinted green or red with green or red streaks (Christmas) or green or red sprinkles.
- Devil's food cake with fudge icing and white chocolate coating.
- Yellow cake with buttercream frosting and orange-colored vanilla coating with green or black sprinkles. (Halloween).
- White cake with white frosting mixed with orange and yellow sprinkles and chocolate coating. (Fall or Halloween) or Harvest Sprinkles .